Enjoy these health and wellness articles which were written by industry leading wellness experts / wellness consultants to assist you in learning more about corporate wellness programs / employee wellness programs.
Corporate wellness program ideas abound. Corporate wellness program ideas can be big or small and corporate wellness program ideas can be expensive or virtually free. Following is a list of corporate wellness ideas that we hope will be of use:
- Contact a local gym or health club and arrange for them to give your employees and their family members discounts on memberships. This is a popular component of most corporate wellness programs and virtually all gyms are willing to offer this type of promotion.
- Do the same with a local sports equipment store so that employees can get a discount.
- Bring in an instructor to teach a few classes on meditation, yoga, or deep relaxation.
- Set up a wellness library with tapes and books on topics like how to communicate effectively, how to talk with your kids about drugs and alcohol, how to keep your relationship alive, how to manage stress, etc. Note that the world's largest free wellness library can be found at Wellness Proposals.
- If you have a cafeteria, offer some “healthy choice” selections daily, at a discount if possible.
- Bring in a nutritionist or a group like Weight Watchers for a worksite weight loss program. Underwrite part of the program for those who complete it.
- Have representatives from the American Cancer Society come in to talk about breast and prostate cancer.
- Set up a lunchtime walking group and sponsor them in a local event. Walking is a popular component of most corporate wellness programs.
- Provide 10-minute chair massages for employees weekly. Corporate wellness programs often subsidize the costs or just have it available and the employee pays the full cost.
- Corporate wellness programs can challenge employees to meet a fitness goal over a 3- or 4-month period. Offer prizes to all who stick with it. Have a drawing for one “big prize” like a bike or a pair of tickets to a major event. Incentives are important components of all effective corporate wellness programs
- Corporate wellness programs often include health fairs. It is a lot of work, and it takes planning, but it is a great way to educate your employees. It is a good time to bring in reps from your medical and dental plans, your Employee Assistance Program, a Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center and a variety of other community organizations. Typically, health fairs include a local hospital that performs blood sugar and cholesterol screening and blood pressure checks. Other participants may include chiropractors, massage therapists, nutritionists, personal trainers, and reps from the American Cancer Society, a local battered women’s shelter, and your work/life program. Health Fairs are popular components of most corporate wellness programs.
This is only a small list of corporate wellness program ideas. They sky is the limit so be creative and involve your wellness committee in developing your own list of corporate wellness program ideas.